‘Bastards’ were on the rampage in Sydney as a police siege raged, killing two and wounding four more

‘Bastards’ were on the rampage in Sydney as a police siege raged, killing two and wounding four more

The siege of a cafe in Sydney’s south on Tuesday night has left two dead and four injured, including a police officer, as a hostage situation continues.

The siege began when a man stormed the cafe in the suburb of Stirling about 5pm (local time) and police were trying to negotiate with the gunman.

The gunman then opened fire, killing himself and two police officers, who returned fire, hitting the gunman multiple times in the head and body.

“I’m very shocked and saddened,” said NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione.

The siege, which saw at least six people injured, lasted more than five hours. “

There are no words to describe the level of loss, the number of injuries, the suffering of the families involved.”

The siege, which saw at least six people injured, lasted more than five hours.

NSW Police Superintendent Chris Campbell said police were not ruling out that the gunman might have acted alone, but they were not able to rule out a “domestic” or “out-of-control” situation.

“We don’t know what his motivations are.

We don’t have a motive for what he’s doing, we don’t yet have an understanding of what he is planning,” Mr Campbell said.

“He could be planning a mass shooting or he could be targeting a police station.”

The gunman opened fire on police in Stirling after entering the cafe and shooting the hostages, who included an adult male.

The man then opened fired on police outside the cafe, hitting one officer and killing him, police said.

In a separate incident on Tuesday, a woman was shot and injured when police opened fire after they heard gunfire outside a cafe on the outskirts of the city.

“Police were called to a report of shots fired and a man had been shot outside a cafĂ© in Stirlings Woodlands, a suburb of Sydney,” a statement from the NSW Police said.

The woman, who has not been named, was taken to hospital in critical condition, while a man was arrested in connection with the shooting, it said.

In a statement on social media, the cafe owner said police had opened fire because he was “running around with a knife” and he did not know why.

“It’s so sad,” the cafe’s owner, David Taylor, said.

“There are a lot of people that are trying to protect their own community and their own business and that’s what we’re here to do.”

He said the gunman had been at the cafe for about two hours.

The siege lasted for about an hour, with the first shots fired about 6.30pm.

At the time, Mr Scipio said the situation was “very fluid” and “we will get to the bottom of what’s going on”.

“We’re going to be very, very careful,” he said.

Mr Scipsion said he was still waiting for the first report from police about a “homicide”.

In his statement on the cafe siege, Mr Taylor said police “came in to try to negotiate” with the man, who refused.

He said police went to the front door, where they were met by “people screaming and screaming”.

“I was terrified, but I’m a pretty peaceful person,” he told ABC Radio Sydney.

A police helicopter hovered above the cafe while a second helicopter huddled overhead as police searched for the gunman’s body.

Mr Taylor said he heard three shots from inside the cafe.

Police are using a thermal imaging camera to search for the body of the gunman, who was wearing a red T-shirt and black shorts.

Topics:police,criminology,law-crime-and-justice,sydney-2000,sunday-day-2015,stirling-2400,sydney-3000,brisbane-4000,nsw,australiaMore stories from Australia